I was tagged by Jen at Running With The Girls to answer a few questions and come up with 11 Random Facts about myself. I know some people don’t care for these things but personally I think it is an interesting way of getting to know someone. Here are my 11 random things….
11 Random Facts About Lisa
1. When I have time in the morning to shower (not often), I drink coffee… yes, in the shower.
2. I can not eat a turkey sandwich without topping it with Banana Peppers and BBQ Popchips.
3. Right now I am transfixed by the PBS series “Downton Abby”. It is safe to say I am addicted.
4. My sister Leslie and I often times for no apparent reason, will speak to one another in Elizabethan english, it gets pretty ridiculous.
5. I love being in nature , the sound of the wind in the trees, the birds singing, a river flowing and, the best is the sound of silence that can only be heard while on a trail.
6. I probably have ADHD and have never been diagnosed…” look at the squirrel!”
7.When I was pregnant with my twins, I lived in the Mojave Desert (near Death Valley) with no A/C. My husband and I were stationed there for three years.
8. When the doctor told me I was pregnant with twins, I burst into tears for a moment because I was so afraid I would not be able to handle it. Every now and then I lock myself in the bathroom and do the same thing.
9. If you would have asked me two years ago what a BQ was, I would have told a place to get soft serve ice cream.
10.I was born and raised in Southern California. When we moved to Northern VA. it was a culture shock, one that I am just getting used too. Now that I am used to living here and, have met incredible friends, the US Navy has decided to move us back to SoCal, which does not surprise me in the least. I feel bittersweet about it, mostly sweet.
11. I signed up for my first Ultra Marathon this June. I did not hesitate, in fact, I can’t wait.I am impulsive that way..I am sure it will be much more difficult than I anticipate.
Jen’s questions for her tagged friends were…
1. What is the best vacation ever taken? My best vacation was this last summer (2011) in Breckenridge Colorado with my family. As I age, I realize that it is not always the most exotic places but, rather the people who accompany you that make the best vacations.
2. What is your favorite post exercise food? Depends on how far I’ve run. If I am doing a long run than I would have to say, Pringles.
3.Why do you run? I run to escape the pressures of modern life. I continue to run because it teaches me the meaning of life.. it is like a meditation and an anti-depressant for me..it slows my brain down.
4. What is the food you could not live without? Chicken nuggets…not for me, for my kids, if I did not have them I’m not quite sure what they would eat.
5.Describe your most favorite race? That’s tough,I have so many… My favorite race was The National Marathon in Washington DC, March 2011. It was my first marathon. It was so much more difficult than I had anticipated which made crossing the finish line euphoric. Time 3:57
6.Describe your most horrible race? That would have to be my second marathon Lehigh Valley PA. September 2011. Although the race was exceptionally planned and beautiful, I woke up with a severe migraine, it was hot and, I was miserable after mile one..it went downhill from there. Time 4:11
7.What is the farthest place you have traveled to? In February of 2002 I went to Vietnam… it was an amazing trip, one I will never forget.
8. Chocolate, Strawberry or Vanilla? Neapolitan
9.Favorite Pre-race Meal? Pizza and Coconut Water
10. Do you cross train and what specifically? Yes, I do. I do core exercises and occasionally the rowing machine.
11.Do you taper for races and do you go crazy? I do taper and, I do not go crazy… I enjoy taking it easy because I have worked so hard and put so much energy into the moments leading up to that point. I try to just accept what it is I need to do in each moment.
Since I am such a new blogger I am not going to tag others, because I am just getting to know you all… plus most have already been tagged. Thanks Jen for including me. If you are looking for a great blog to follow, head over to Running With The Girls I did and, I have never regretted a moment of reading Ms Boudreau’s blog.