Growing up my friends and I would spend summers riding our bikes to the local 7-11 and stock up on Cactus Cooler soda. It is a wonderfully sweet and bubbly Orange Pineapple soda. We loved the stuff and drank it by the case. We all had orange lips and tongues and I am sure we were bouncing off the walls from all of the sugar, but we loved it and every time I see it the memories of long summer nights hanging out with my friends comes flooding back. I am all grown up now, well some might argue that one, but I am much more health conscious and as you all know a huge lover of Nuun. I made the healthier version of Cactus Cooler, here is my weekly “dress up your Nuun” recipe. The Nuun “Practice” Cooler….
What you will need…
* 1- can of sparkling orange beverage.. I used San Pellegrino Aranciata you could use Orangina or just use sparkling water and orange juice.
* 1/4 cup of frozen Pineapple
* 5 oz. of Orange or Pineapple juice
* 1 Nuun Tablet in either Tropical or Orange
* Handful of ice cubes
* an orange slice for garnish
You could also add a scoop of protein powder, especially if you were drinking this post workout.
Place all ingredients in the blender and whip until smooth, icy and frothy.
Foamy, frothy, tart and sweet.. a delicious way to start or end a long workout.
How do you “Dress up your Nuun?”