Matcha, Matcha, Matcha everyone is talking about Matcha. No, this is not an espisode from the Brady Bunch. Nor are we talking about an overly masculine man. I am talking about a concentrated green tea that has many health benefits. See def:
not to be confused with this:
But enough health talk… I am here to talk about cookies! Christmas cookies to be exact. I refuse to feed my kids more green dye #3 than I have to – they get plenty from school functions and other out of the house activities. So why not use Matcha to color your cookies green this year? It does add a very mild flavor of green tea, but my kids happen to like it. They say, “these cookies taste like green tea ice cream.” The health benefits are so great and we are personally wild about the taste.
And now, I give you the Macho Matcha Green Tea Cookie – Gluten Free!
- 2 sticks of softened butter or coconut oil
- 2 cups of brown rice flour
- 1¼ cups organic non gmo cornstarch
- ¼ cup of organic match green tea powder
- 1 teaspoon of xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of light brown suagr
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons of Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bow,l mix butter, sugars, egg, almond milk and vanilla in a stand mixer, for several minutes -- until fluffy. In another bowl mix the dry ingredients well. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture --- add chips and blend well, but do not over mix.
- Shape the dough into small balls and and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake for 11- 13 minutes or until a very light brown edge has formed. Remove from oven and let cool.
What are your favorite Christmas Cookies? Have you ever tired to make them with more whole ingredients ?